Website Caroline Evans
5 axis setter operator
We now require a 5 Axis Setter Operator to support our growing customer base.
- To set and operate machines in a safe manner with regard to themselves and others, complying with the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- To produce components to the company standard in the most efficient / cost effective manner.
- To be familiar with all systems and procedures of their job.
- Ensure that information is transferred between shifts and team members as required.
- If problems occur ensure the relevant people are kept informed e.g. Team Leader, Shift Leader, Production Engineer, Scheduler & Maintenance.
- Help train other team members to carry out tasks in the correct manner.
- Be committed to continuous improvement and suggest improvements regarding methods, processes and tooling.
- To highlight problems as soon as they occur to the Team Leader / Shift leader.
- Keep working area clean and tidy.
- Work within departmental / company procedures.
- In addition to the above, fulfil any other reasonable requirement consistent with departmental objectives.
- Support the company’s compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018, following policy and best practice.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTER
- The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate technical information.
- Knowledge of 5 Axis CNC machines such as DMG Evo 70
- Knowledge of Heidenhain (iTNC 530i)
- Ability to problem solve and see errors in NC code
- Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of:
- Work-holding methods.
- Tool selection criteria.
- Cutting tool parameters.
- Manual machining techniques.
- Shop floor computer systems.
- Quality principles.
- Inspection techniques.
- Knowledge of Machine tooling, Backends & Sharps
- Knowledge of tool measuring equipment such as Zoller
- Basic numerical and computer skills.
- Change oriented and keen to promote forward thinking,
- Effective communicator both verbal and written.
- Committed and enthusiastic.
- Automotive engineering experience/background.
- Keisan, 5s, 6 Sigma and SMED.