Website Ash Alam
Data Migration : (SQL / SSIS / SQL Server 2014) -
Data Migration Consultant : (SQL / SSIS / SQL Server 2014)
6 Month Contract
Data Migration Specialist (Technical) needed for a 6 Month Rolling Contract based in Leeds (West Yorkshire). Start ASAP ideally in May 2019.
Key skills, experience and responsibilities will include:
- SQL Design & Development (SQL Server 2014)
- SSIS Package Design & Development (SQL Server Integration Services 2014)
- Technical Documentation Writing
- Data Analysis, reporting
- Advanced Excel including VBA, Power Pivot, Excel Data Model
- XML/XSLT Transformation
- Data cleansing and transformation
- Data migration technical process design and implementation
- Data migration source control and release management
- Systems Analysis : Understand System and Technical Designs
- Understanding technical requirements, business requirements, data interpretation, architectural designs, project plans.
- Role and Responsibilities
- The Data Migration Specialist is responsible for:
- Solution development in SQL, C#, SSIS.
- Interpret data transformation rules provided by Data Management (via the Business) and implement the rules into the solution.
- Contribute to high-level design architecture and documents.
- Defect root cause analysis resolution in relation to data migration defects.
- Interface with the Test Team (DIT)
- Produce detailed documentation such as low-level runbooks, procedures, implementation documentation.
- Interact with ITS, ITES, Application Services
- Advise on technical go-live strategies for data migration.
- Produce analytics, visualisations, charting.
- Provide technical support to all other Data Architecture team members
- Release and deploy solution artefacts
- Implement and execute SQL Server Agent Jobs to build the data layer
- Automate data build processes.
- Produce diagrams and other team-friendly training material and knowledge handover.
- About Us…
Syntax Consultancy Ltd is a leading independent IT and Tech recruitment specialist.
We offer over three decades of experience in providing outstanding talent into clients throughout the UK & Europe, including the IT Consultancy, Government, Education, NHS, Software and Retail markets.
We specialise in supplying high-end Contract / Interim and Permanent IT, Digital and Technical professionals who make an immediate, positive impact, including…
- Software Developers
- Project Managers / Programme Managers / PMO / Planners
- Business Analysts
- IT Architects
- Database Administrators (DBAs)
- Testers / Test Managers
- IT Support / Infrastructure / Networking
- Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehousing
- Web / Digital / e-Commerce
- IT Managers / Head of IT
As Syntax we pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service to our candidates and clients. We aim to make the recruitment process as positive and hassle-free as possible, whatever the final outcome.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency. Please visit our website to view our latest career opportunities.