Website Ash Alam
DevOps Engineer needed with AWS experience for a superb permanent career opportunity in Corsham. A chance to join a leading global IT transformation business supporting large-scale digital modernisation projects.
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus crisis, this client will be conducting interviews via Telephone / video-call. You will also be able to work remotely / from home until UK lock-down restrictions are lifted.
Candidate will need to go through SC Clearance and needs to have lived & worked in UK more than 5 years.
Start ASAP during October 2020, subject to your availability and Notice Period.
Key experience + responsibilities will include:
- DevOps Engineer – with good experience of working on AWS Environment
- DevOps is a culture, approach and set of practices of applying lean process improvement and automation to enable a flow of working software to its real users. This means looking across organization functions of Development and Operations that might previously have operated as separate silos.
- DevOps engineer to be part of the AWS migration team. The engineer should have extensive experience working on the AWS platform and supporting similar migration project in the past.
- Deployment, configuration + automation scripting using Ansible Tower.
- Building / maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, including automation of workflows, processes and deployments.
- Troubleshooting / resolving issues in the development, test and production environments.
- Environment Management, including owning progression of releases (Dev, Test, Pre-Prod, Prod).
- Liaising closely with key stakeholders including software developers, testers + product owners.
- Creating fully automated Gitlab CI/CD pipelines to deploy and test software across a range of environments.
- Proven Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) delivery skills using Maven + Nexus repository manager.
- Other useful experience: Bash/Python scripting, Git source code management, IaaS platforms, TCP/IP networking.
- Linux systems administration + RHEL skills.
- Any experience of Puppet, Jenkins or Terraform would be helpful.
- Working to Agile principles + methods.
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, salary/rate expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you believe you are a strong match for this position.
If your experience matches the job requirements you will be contacted by a member of the Syntax team who will run through the full details with you and be happy to answer any questions you may have. We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd is a leading independent IT and Tech recruitment specialist.
We offer over three decades of experience in providing outstanding talent into clients throughout the UK & Europe, including the IT Consultancy, Government, Education, NHS, Software and Retail markets.