Website Ash Alam
DevOps Engineer (Linux / Ansible / CI – CD) 20340
6 Month Contract
The DevOps engineer will be required to contribute to version-controlled configuration assets within a DevOps team’s existing fully automated continuous deployment solution, to diagnose and troubleshoot infrastructure and deployment issues and work collaboratively as part of the wider organisation
DevOps Engineer background (AWS) for a 6-month rolling contract in Southend. Start ASAP ideally in November 2020.
Candidate must be SC cleared Security Cleared
Key skills, experience and responsibilities will include…
- DevOps Engineer required to join the AWS (Amazon Web Services) team.
- Experience in Linux Systems Administration, predominantly in a RHEL environment
- Experience with continuous integration CI/CD pipelines, automated deployment, testing and relevant tooling. Knowledge and use of Ansible would hugely beneficial, though understanding of any orchestration tooling and/or configuration management principles and a willingness to learn will be considered.
- Coding and scripting expertise with knowledge of Python, Perl, Java, Ruby, and Shell. Expert knowledge in one or two of these is necessary. Python is most preferable.
- Ideally experience with Github/Gitlab but demonstration of version controls principles (i.e. branching strategies) is more important.
- Experience with virtualisation and cloud deployments
- Development Methodology – Familiarity with processes and standards, such as ITIL and Agile software delivery teams.
- Experience of using JIRA/ Atlassian tools.
- Promote best practice and adherence to the C&IT Collaborative DevOps Framework
- Contribute to the full automation of services and infrastructure deployment within that Framework
- Support the deployment and integration of cross government IT systems
- Have experience of installing and managing open source products for server orchestration, monitoring and server hardening
- Be comfortable working in a fully configuration managed environment
- Develop and maintain lightweight systems documentation
- Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, rate expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you believe you are a strong match for this position.
- If your experience matches the job requirements you will be contacted by a member of the Syntax team who will run through the full details with you and be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd is a leading independent IT and Tech recruitment specialist.
We offer over three decades of experience in providing outstanding talent into clients throughout the UK & Europe, including the IT Consultancy, Government, Education, NHS, Software and Retail markets.
We specialise in supplying high-end Contract / Interim and Permanent IT, Digital and Technical professionals who make an immediate, positive impact, including…
- Software Developers
- Project Managers / Programme Managers / PMO / Planners
- Business Analysts
- IT Architects
- Database Administrators (DBAs)
- Testers / Test Managers
- IT Support / Infrastructure / Networking
- Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehousing
- Web / Digital / e-Commerce
- IT Managers / Head of IT
As Syntax we pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service to our candidates and clients. We aim to make the recruitment process as positive and hassle-free as possible, whatever the final outcome.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency. Please visit our website to view our latest career opportunities.