Website Ash Alam
InfoSecMgr - 20256-2
Information Security Manager / Controller who has public sector government experience working across secure government portfolio – willing to travel to London & M4 corridor when required,
needed for a permanent career opportunity in Reading (Berkshire). Ideally hold active SC Security Clearance or go through new SC application.
Start ASAP in October/November 2020. Key skills, experience and responsibilities will include:
- Candidate needs to have public sector government experience working across secure government portfolio acting as the focal point for all security vetting matters for multiple sites across the UK.
- Ensuring that security policies + processes are developed in compliance with Government Security Classifications framework.
- Developing, maintaining + monitoring security vetting policies / procedures to ensure the business is compliant with government security vetting legislation,
- In-depth experience of ISO 27001 security controls and standards.
- Ensuring that security procedures and standard align to industry best practice and prevailing legislation.
- Designing / implementing + monitoring security vetting controls, personnel security vetting, compliance + promoting a culture of security awareness.
- Deep knowledge of Government security vetting processes, security controls, Security Classifications + Security Policy Frameworks.
- Liaising with the National Security Vetting services to facilitate security vetting for new employees.
- Advantageous skills – Cyber Essentials (Plus), Public Cloud Security Controls, gov.uk / Public Sector, GDPR + supporting pre-sales security response for new clients.
- Occasional travel to other UK sites is required as an integral part of this position.
- Ideally hold active SC Clearance (or higher) + be able to provide proof of Government Security Cleared status (-eg- Sponsor Letter, Email Confirmation etc). or go through a new SC Clearance process.
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, salary/rate expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you believe you are a strong match for this position.
If your experience matches the job requirements you will be contacted by a member of the Syntax team who will run through the full details with you and be happy to answer any questions you may have.
We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd is a leading independent IT and Tech recruitment specialist.
We offer over three decades of experience in providing outstanding talent into clients throughout the UK & Europe, including the IT Consultancy, Government, Education, NHS, Software and Retail markets.
We specialise in supplying high-end Contract / Interim and Permanent IT, Digital and Technical professionals who make an immediate, positive impact, including…