Website Daniel Leahy
IT Manager / IT Operations Manager
6 Month Contract
London (Tower Hamlets)
IT Manager / IT Operations Manager needed for a 6 Month Contract based in London (Tower Hamlets). Must hold a recent Enhanced DBS Certificate + be able to provide a copy by email.
Located primarily on site with the key School in Tower Hamlets, with occasional travel to 2 other Schools sites located close by.
Start ASAP in December 2019. Key skills, experience and daily duties will include:
- Working with a Schools Academy Trust in London. Helping them migrate / upgrade from legacy IT systems + bringing a more modern approach to IT delivery.
- The IT systems at 1 school is in need of modernisation + bringing into line with the IT environments of the other schools in the trust.
- Team management of a small team of IT Support Engineers to support the migration + ensure the trust delivers IT services to consistently high standards.
- Monitoring / reporting progress of the IT Support Teams against agreed SLAs / Service Levels + addressing any weaknesses.
- Maintaining IT Infrastructure so that it is secure, reliable, robust and resilient.
- Coordinating IT activities within the schools in order to deliver effective IT services within the trust.
- Engaging with key stakeholders to ensure effective delivery / management of IT systems and applications.
- Ensuring all IT 3rd party relationships are managed effectively.
- Maintaining IT documentation (user manuals, disaster recovery, license agreements, IT asset tracker).
- Technical Environment : Office 365, Windows 7/10, Windows Server, Active Directory (AD), MS Exchange, Networking, DNS/DHCP, desktops, laptops, iPads, Apple Macs, whiteboards + peripherals.
- Soft Skills – strong interpersonal skills, planning, organisation, prioritisation, professional, delegation, cooperative, influencing + attention to detail.
- ITIL or Prince2 qualifications would be helpful but not essential.