Website Ash Alam
Java Developer (Spring Boot / JAVA ) - Birmingham
Java Developer (Spring Boot / JAVA ) 19911
6-12 Month Rolling Contract
SC Cleared – SC Cleared or SC eligible (Lived in the UK 5 Years)
Excellent development opportunity to work on a major Large Scale programme with an innovative market leader as a Java Developer.
Ideal candidate with strong Spring Boot development expertise. 6 Month Rolling Contract based in Birmingham. Start ASAP March/April 2019.
You will join a team that prides itself on collaboration and engineering the best possible Java code.
KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE DUTIES..
- In-depth hands-on Java / J2EE, including strong Spring Boot experience.
- 2 to 4 years of hands-on experience with large scale Spring based Java projects.
- Experience with web-services – (SOAP and RESTful)
- Experience of connecting processes across a number of systems with message brokers like ActiveMQ.
- Apache Camel and Experience of working with open source database management systems like PostgreSQL.
- Participating in regular Agile / Scrum ceremonies and team update meetings.
- Previous experience of large-scale integration projects, including messaging / distributed systems.
- Extensive experience in JPA (preferably Hibernate)
- Exposure to Activiti would be beneficial
- Testing frameworks (JUnit, Mockito, Powermock, JMock, DBUnit etc).
- Agile / Scrum development methods. Any experience of TDD, BDD or Kanban would be helpful.
- Continuous Integration methodologies (Maven, GIT, Jenkins, SonarQube).
- Candidates must be SC Cleared or eligible to undergo SC Security Clearance.
- TDD, Agile (Scrum), BPMN (Activiti), Spring extension projects (Data, Cloud, Batch, Security), Angular, public sector experience, exposure to migration projects
- Experience of working with AWS services, EC2, SQS, RDS, KMS
- Agile development methods : Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD etc
- Experience of working with Spring Cloud
- Experience of working with Postfix
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, rate expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you believe you are a strong match for this position
If your experience matches the job requirements you will be contacted by a member of the Syntax team who will run through the full details with you and be happy to answer any questions you may have.
We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd is a leading independent IT and Tech recruitment specialist.
We offer over three decades of experience in providing outstanding talent into clients throughout the UK & Europe, including the IT Consultancy, Government, Education, NHS, Software and Retail markets.
We specialise in supplying high-end Contract / Interim and Permanent IT, Digital and Technical professionals who make an immediate, positive impact, including…
• Developers / Programmers
• Project Managers / Programme Managers / PMO / Planners
• Business Analysts
• IT Architects
• Database Administrators (DBAs)
• Testers / Test Managers
• IT Support / Infrastructure / Networking
• Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehousing
• Web / Digital / e-Commerce
• IT Managers / Head of IT
As Syntax we pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service to our candidates and clients. We aim to make the recruitment process as positive and hassle-free as possible, whatever the final outcome.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency. Please visit our website to view our latest career opportunities.