Website Daniel Leahy
Linux Systems Engineer – SC Cleared
6 Month Contract
Linux Systems Engineer needed with active SC Security Clearance for a 6 Month Contract in Andover (Hampshire). This project is Outside IR35.
Due to the Coronavirus crisis, our client will be conducting interviews and making offers via Telephone / Skype. There is also good scope for remote / home working. Start ASAP in April 2020.
Primary skills, experience + responsibilities will include:
- Providing Linux / Unix support, maintenance, trouble-shooting, design, upgrades + migration expertise.
- Proven technical expertise in the following: RHEL v6&7, integrated EAL4+ security clamp, Active Directory (AD) integration, Clustered Storage (GFS2) + offline patching tool set.
- Linux Server diagnostics + performance monitoring of Pure Storage, HP 3Par storage systems using: SELINUX, network diagnostics, Linux super tools, tcpdump, Eracent + Nessus.
- Linux toolset design, Secure File Gateway (SFG) design + patching for O/S, Oracle Apex, Middleware (using Ansible and LPE).
- Design of new secure channels incorporating PGP, flow control and compression (integrating Selinux, Samba, SFTP Jail + SSH).
- In addition to core Linux support, migration + upgrades experience, the following technical expertise would also be helpful:
- VMware / vCenter / vRealize Automation design, configuration + deployment (including SDN/NSX on a Data Centre implementation).
- RH Ansible and Ansible Tower using command line, UI, Python coding (for Ansible Modules) + REST APIs for DevOps platform design.
- Maintaining Git and SVN code libraries as part of Ansible integration.
- Thycotic Secret Server (TSS) integration.
- Zellis ResourceLINK multi-tier enterprise payroll system design / architecture, including Oracle DBA, middleware kernel + JBOSS / Tomcat / Payara.
- Oracle Consolidated Platform (OCP) Backups and DR strategies using Shell, RMAN, GFS2.
- RedHat Openshift Container Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, SDN, Microservices, Sunray Clusters + Oracle Sunray integration, migration, upgrades on Linux, DSIP patching + YAML.