Website Caroline Evans
£27.5k (with a 7.5% shift allowance)
To deliver engineering services to customers with a key focus on GBRf. Prime functions are locomotive maintenance to ensure fleet reliability. Responsible for the high quality and effective execution of allocated contract maintenance and engineering projects within agreed timescales and budgets,
CORE COMPETENCIES / TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant experience gained in a similar position
- Proven track record of working effectively with Diesel engineering technology, associated systems and controls
- Ability to meet people with ease and confidence, understanding and accommodating the needs of the customer.
- Ability to self start and proactively deliver the service.
- Ability to create a network of contacts across various disciplines that provide advice on what resources are available both within and outside the organization
- Able to work in a flexible manner to provide high quality specialist services which benefit the Company and lead to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to develop competences and expertise in both self and others in order to gain a satisfactory standard and deliver results within agreed timescales.
- Well organised with a thorough, disciplined and detailed approach to task completion
- Able to be assertive and make decisions in a timely manner.
- Able to work to a high specification in order to improve and maintain quality
- A logical, analytical and objective approach to problem solving and fault diagnosis
- Understanding and mitigation of Risk
- Ability to work on locomotives in railway sidings, depots and operational sites
- Understand the safety culture within the UK rail industry and how maintenance impacts on delivering safety
- Approved to carry out Safety Critical Work
- Foreign language skills
- Locomotive driving
- Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship or equivalent experience
- BTEC National Certificate /ONC in Engineering or European equivalent.
- Personal Track Safety
- Emergency First Aid
- Safety Critical Competence (Company Assessment)
- Driving license
- Designated Person.
- Fork Lift License
- Crane Operation
- Jack operation
TECHNICAL / OPERATIONS
- Carry out maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification and fault finding activities as necessary
- Act as lead engineer for contracts, projects or tasks as necessary to support operational performance or customer demand as identified by line manager
- Take the lead role in progressing specific technical engineering issues as directed by line manager, providing guidance to other engineers as necessary
- Participate on the Engineering Services On-Call Roster, providing technical assistance over the phone or in the field as required
- Effectively use SAP system to ensure parts availability
- Data input to locomotive history tracking system completed in a timely manner
- Contribute to staff training for the Company and its customers as required
- Work positively with QHSE staff to ensure continuous quality improvement, effective quality audit and resolve customer complaints and queries
- Carry out In process checks / audits in line with Company quality management standards and processes
- To undertake risk assessments and implement appropriate control measures in line with legislation and rail industry requirements.
- To engage in professional development and networking for the purpose of continuous professional & personal development maintaining and developing personal technical competency
- Involvement in general company activities and other such duties as may be requested by the Line Manager, commensurate with the post