Website Caroline Evans
£30,500 + 12.5% shift allowance
Due to an increase in projects we are currently recruiting for a number of Locomotive Technicians.
- Relevant experience gained in a similar position
- Proven track record of working effectively with Diesel engineering technology, associated systems and controls
- Familiar with Company products
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet people with ease and confidence, understanding and accommodating the needs of the customer.
- Ability to self start and proactively deliver the service.
- Ability to create a network of contacts across various disciplines that provide advice on what resources are available both within and outside the organization
- Able to work in a flexible manner to provide high quality specialist services which benefit the Company and lead to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to develop competences and expertise in both self and others in order to gain a satisfactory standard and deliver results within agreed timescales.
- Well organised with a thorough, disciplined and detailed approach to task completion
- Able to be assertive and make decisions in a timely manner.
- Able to work to a high specification in order to improve and maintain quality
- Non confrontational when handling or involved in conflict situations and able to adopt a passive and non-demanding working ethic in order to achieve agreed and acceptable standards and timescales.
- A logical, analytical and objective approach to problem solving and fault diagnosis
- Understanding and mitigation of Risk
- Ability to work on locomotives in railway sidings, depots and operational sites
- Understand the safety culture within the UK rail industry and how maintenance impacts on delivering safety
Technical / Operations
- Carry out maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification and fault finding activities as necessary
- Act as lead engineer for contracts, projects or tasks as necessary to support operational performance or customer demand as identified by line manager
- Take the lead role in progressing specific technical engineering issues as directed by line manager, providing guidance to other engineers as necessary
- Participate on the Engineering Services On-Call Roster, providing technical assistance over the phone or in the field as required
- Effectively use SAP system to ensure parts availability
- Data input to locomotive history tracking system completed in a timely manner
- Contribute to staff training for the Company and its customers as required
- Work with the Business Development team to identify new business opportunities and to maintain existing customer satisfaction
- Work positively with QHSE staff to ensure continuous quality improvement, effective quality audit and resolve customer complaints and queries
- Carry out In process checks / audits in line with Company quality management standards and processes
- To undertake risk assessments and implement appropriate control measures in line with legislation and rail industry requirements.
- To engage in professional development and networking for the purpose of continuous professional & personal development maintaining and developing personal technical competency
- Involvement in general company activities and other such duties as may be requested by the Line Manager, commensurate with the post
- Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship or equivalent experience
- BTEC National Certificate /ONC in Engineering or European equivalent.
- Personal Track Safety
- Emergency First Aid
- Safety Critical Competence (Company Assessment)
Working 2 weeks early, 2 weeks lates and one weekend in 5.
Early (06:00 – 14:30)
EVENING (13:30 – 22:00)
Early 2 (06:00 – 14:00)
Weekend (06:00 – 18:30)