Website Caroline Evans
As a Project Co-ordinator you will be required to provide support to the Project Engineers from all disciplines. This will necessitate duties performed either independently or as part of a project team in conjunction with members of the same or other departments.
To provide a number of services, primarily the purchasing of project related components and the maintenance of the related documentation.
The following is a list of some tasks that are the responsibility of the Project Co-ordinator to complete and manage:
- To maintain and update Parts lists from the information provided and generated during the purchasing process.
- To obtain quotes, negotiate prices and deliveries of components as detailed in the parts list and from other information available including raw materials, consumables and tooling. To place purchase orders as per quotations negotiated and the generation and maintenance of all related documentation.
- Organising internal manufacturing for workload and priorities.
- To locate and verify the suitability of new suppliers and their products.
- Maintain and update the supplier’s database.
- To progress all spares orders, including regular inspection of the sales log, quotations, issue of production documentation, placement of purchase orders and progress chasing of.
- To arrange for the delivery of products by sub-contract machine movers or other means. The hire of any special equipment for the installation or assembly of products. To complete site surveys prior to delivery on an as required basis.
- Liaise with customers as to the time, and place for delivery.
- Supervise the safe loading/unloading of products as required.
- Responsible for the servicing of pool vehicles and the hire of other vehicles on an as required basis.
- Delivery and collection using company vehicles as and when required.
- Responsible for the testing and maintenance of the Fire Alarm system.
There will be other duties not listed which are equally as important to the smooth running of the company. You will be expected to comply with current safe working practises and all relevant standards in your work, (e.g. Health and Safety Executive, British Standards, company’s internal standards and procedures etc).