Website Daniel Leahy
SQL Server DBA
2-3 Month Rolling Contract
SQL Server DBA / Database Administrator needed for a 2-3 Month Rolling Contract based near Derby. Start ASAP ideally by 18/25 February (or as close to this date as possible).
Key skills, experience and responsibilities will include…
- BAU support, troubleshooting and administration of customer MS SQL Server databases (SQL Server 7 to SQL 2014/2016).
- Engaging directly with customers to investigate, diagnose and resolve SQL database issues.
- Primary SQL DBA expertise to include: Clusters (Failover/AlwaysOn), Database Mirroring, Replication, Performance Tuning, Backup, Log Shipping, Maintenance Planning and Windows / Linux OS.
- Involvement in project work, including scoping customer requirements and creating technical documentation for SQL Server database solutions.
- Participating in the on-call shift rota, which provides 24×7 cover for customers and end-users. Assisting in the smooth-running of the SQL Database Support Desk.
- Working to agreed customer SLAs and Best Practice frameworks.
- SQL Server certification would be an advantage (MCDBA, MCSE, MCSA etc).
- Please email through a copy of your CV for consideration stating your work availability, £ day rate expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you believe you are a strong match for this position.
- If your experience matches the job description a member of the Syntax team will contact you to talk you through the full details and to answer any questions you may have.
- We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of enquiries we regret it is not always possible to do this.
- Syntax Consultancy Ltd is a leading independent IT, Digital and Tech recruitment specialist.
- We offer 30+ years’ experience in providing outstanding talent into clients throughout the UK & Europe, including the IT Consultancy, Government, Education, NHS, Software and Retail markets.
- We specialise in supplying high-end Contract / Interim and Permanent IT, Digital and Technical professionals who make an immediate, positive impact.
- At Syntax we pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service to candidates and clients alike.
- We aim to make the recruitment process as positive and hassle-free as possible, whatever the final outcome.
- Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency.